* Ariana wants someone to pay me to edit a magazine so I don’t spend all day filling her email inbox with pointless ruminations about making a magazine. (I have this sort of proto-Alzheimers where I forget for hours or even days at a time that I can’t fund or resource a magazine, and end up daydreaming about the idea for extended periods before going oh shit.)
* Very saddened to hear of what I hope is simply an extended hiatus for DODGEM LOGIC. I admit to finding the first couple of issues pretty unreadable, but I loved that Alan was doing it, and I believe there’s a place for it in the world.
* I just filed the script for my third issue of SECRET AVENGERS with Marvel. I believe that’s issue 18 in the run? So I’m still ahead. Just about. In fact, a little better than that, because I put out the first five-page section for the artist about ten days ago (three pages of lead-up to a hellish double-page-spread that will probably kill him. I intend to leave six dead artists behind me on this book. McKelvie’s already a drooling cabbage after his issue. As anyone who met him at TCAF today can doubtless attest).
* While I was doing that, Molly Crabapple was working on a poster for EFF and The Tor Project, and here’s a peek at the piece in progress:
* As ever, if you want to send me tips, links, information, pictures or other interesting things, my public “dump” email address is email@example.com, which gets checked once a day or so.
(Automatically crossposted from warrenellis.com. Feel free to comment here or at my message board Whitechapel. If anything in this post looks weird, it's because LJ is run on steampipes and rubber bands -- please click through to the main site.)